One of the best ways to explore ancient Jordan, our 1 day Petra tour from Eilat is a best-selling tour option and a perfect way to visit the historic lost city of Petra. Beautiful facades carved into the red rock face of this ancient city, Petra is truly one of the Seven Wonders of the World and showcases the historic story of the Nabateans. Our one day Petra tour from Eilat, includes all entrance fees, guiding, transportation, snack box, and water bottle and is a comprehensive tour sure to create memories.
Starting in the morning with pickup in Eilat, our Petra day tour from Eilat begins by crossing through the Arava border crossing in the Hashemite Kingdom, with guided assistance and driving through the picturesque desert landscape of Wadi Rum. Upon arrival to Petra, the guided tour portion will commence exploring this enchanting site with a maximum size of 25 persons per guide. Take in the sites of Petra and delve into the past visiting sites like the Siq, various shrines, and carvings along with tombs, of course the Petra Treasury. After approximately 2 hours of guiding, the ancient city awaits to be explored at leisure with time to enjoy lunch. After taking in the sites, meet again with the group and exit the park together, beginning the journey back to Israel, passing through the stunning landscape of Wadi Rum before returning to the border and Eilat and drop off in Eilat. Departing every day, this thorough Petra day tour is also available from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.
Petra 1 Day Tour from Eilat Highlights
Petra 1 Day Tour from Eilat Itinerary
- 07:00 – Pick up from Eilat from 1 of our 4 centralized pickup points. Central pick up allows us to cross the border earlier and spend more time in Jordan
- 08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan with border assistance (via the Arava Border Crossing)
- 09:00 – Drive to Petra and travel north along the Jordanian Desert highway to the city of Petra stopping en route for a view of Mt Haroun (Aaron's Tomb)
- 11:30 – Arrive in Petra to spend the day diving deep into the history and the culture of the Nabateans, while exploring the highlights of Petra - The Siq, the Obelisk Tomb, the Treasury, Jabal Madbach (the sacrificial palace), the Tombs, the Theater, and the Mountaintop Tombs. Then, eat lunch in a local resturant (included in our tour) while looking out at the incredible archeological site.
- 16:00 – Meet at the exit of Petra and drive back to your hotel
- 18:30 – Arrive at the border
- 19:30 – Cross into Israel and drive to Eilat. drop off at 1 of our 4 centralized locations
If you have any questions about our Petra 1 Day Tour from Eilat, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Dates marked below in green are still available for booking. Clicking on a date will start your booking process.
Related Tours and Experiences
- 9 days package
9 Day Best of Jordan and Israel Tour Package
Petra Tour from Aqaba – 1 day
Petra Shore Excursion Tour from Aqaba Port
Petra and Wadi Rum Tour from Aqaba – 2 days
Petra 1 Day Tour from Amman or Dead Sea
- 2 days tour
2 Day Petra and Wadi Rum Tour from Amman or Dead Sea
Petra 2 day tour from Aqaba
Petra and Wadi Rum Tour from Aqaba – 3 days
Petra 1 Day Tour from Tel Aviv
Petra 1 Day Tour from Jerusalem