On our Umayyad Desert Castles Tour, you will be transported to an enchanting landscape filled with exciting tales and beautiful sights. As you reach the Umayyad Dessert’s rugged expanse, see the Umayyad castles peek in the distance. Take in the grand brilliance of Qasr al-Kharaneh, the largest, most extravagant, and highly-regarded of the other three castles. With vibrant frescos and gorgeous detailing, admire Qusayr Amra – the second fortress – which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and remains a testament to Islamic art. Qasr al-Azraq, the last of the three, was built entirely of black basalt. Its surrounding moat served as a defense system and its interiors consisted of multiple courtyards and rooms that housed the soldiers. Take photos, revel in the Umayyad dynasty’s fascinating history, and learn secrets of the past all in a day’s adventure.
For history lovers seeking a majestic experience in Jordan, this Umayyad Desert Castles Tour is the best choice for you. Tour three well-preserved castles with an experienced guide in the Umayyad Desert and marvel at their grandiosity. Enjoy other tour inclusions such as comfortable transportation to and from the site, as well as castle entries. Book your enchanting tour today!
Umayyad Desert Castles tour from Amman Highlights
Umayyad Desert Castles tour from Amman Itinerary
- Pick up from Lilac Hotel, Amman
- Pick up from Seven Roses, Amman
- Explore three of the best-preserved desert castles. Qasr al-Kharaneh is the largest and most extravagantly decorated Umayyad castle in Jordan, featuring a large, square fortress surrounded by walls with circular towers on each side. Qusayr Amra boasts vibrant frescoes covering its interior walls and ceilings, and two of its rooms are adorned with colorful mosaics. Lastly, Qasr al-Azraq was constructed from black basalt
- Drop off at Lilac Hotel, Amman
- Drop off at Seven Roses, Amman
If you have any questions about our Umayyad Desert Castles tour from Amman, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Dates marked below in green are still available for booking. Clicking on a date will start your booking process.
Related Tours and Experiences
- 1 day tour
Jerusalem Day Trip From Amman
Petra 1 Day Tour from Amman or Dead Sea
- 10 days package
10 Day Highlights of Jordan and Israel Package Tour from Amman
Amman Cultural Private Experience
- 6 hours tour
Madaba & Mount Nebo Tour from Amman
- 2 days tour
Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and Galilee Tour from Amman or Dead Sea- 2 days