Traveling to Jordan in the near future, and wondering about the rules and regulations regarding Covid tests? While the world slowly adjusts to the reality of having a pandemic to deal with, travel around the world is more open than ever. However, Covid testing is still an essential part of travel whether you are vaccinated or not – and Jordan is no exception. But each country has its own unique guidelines for who needs to get tested and when making the whole issue confusing to navigate. Here is our guide to when and how to get a Covid test in Jordan.
Updated on January 31, 2022
Who needs a Covid Test when traveling to Jordan?
- Those who are fully vaccinated (two or three doses, last dose within the past 6 months) with vaccines in the country listed below, only need to show proof of vaccination and a negative PCR test within 72 hours before their flight. This group does not require an additional PCR test in Jordan upon arrival.
- Unvaccinated travelers, or travelers who received only 1 dose of the vaccine, or travelers who received the second or third dose within less than 14 days before travel, or travelers vaccinated in one of the countries not mentioned below, must do a PCR test within 72 hours before the flight, and an additional PCR test upon arrival in Jordan.
The following is the list of countries mentioned above:
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.
What’s needed to travel to Jordan?
- Travelers 5 years and over must fill out this online travel declaration before traveling to Jordan, and obtain the personal QR code which is mandatory for boarding the flight.
- Visitors must purchase travel health insurance to travel to Jordan.
- Must show proof of a negative PCR test taken 72 hours or less before the flight.
- Vaccination certificate (where applicable)
How to get a PCR test in Jordan?
Some incoming travelers (see above) as well as some travelers departing Jordan (depending on destination country’s regulations; please check regulations of your next destination country) will need to perform a PCR test while in Jordan.
There are various local labs performing PCR tests in major cities in Jordan. But trying to track down local clinics can be a complicated process. Local labs are mostly listed in Arabic therefore and can be hard to find out which ones are reputable. Outside of major cities, it can be even more of a hassle. Therefore, when traveling in Jordan, we recommend booking a door-to-door PCR test service to make sure your travel plans go smoothly.
Our Door-to-Door PCR test in Jordan is available in many places across the country. We offer this service in Jordan’s capital of Amman, as well as the Red Sea resort town of Aqaba. We even deliver a PCR test in more far-out locations like Petra, the Wadi Rum desert, and the Dead Sea! This convenient solution means you can book the test easily online and have it delivered to your door. Performed within minutes, and get the results (in English) in your email inbox within 24 hours. Our PCR tests are performed by professional, reputable labs, saving you time, hassle, and worry whether you’ve just arrived or you’re on your way to your next destination.